I tried to upload all the pictures and videos of events, meetings, workshops and day to day life at the Democracy Village directly onto the blogspot but was unable to do so; so instead I have compiled all the links here together to other sites that contain everything. Alot of the pictures and videos are great and will give you a better view of the place; however coming down to Parliament Square and checking it out for yourself will give you the true sense of community spirit. Hope this is useful and you enjoy seeing how it evolved into the beautiful, welcoming, all encompassing, ideas/skill sharing, creative space that it is today.
- Pictures and article on Indymedia when Democracy Village was in its early stages. "Democracy Villge, Parliament Square, London at http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/450572.html
- The Peace Festival on Election Day where we had speakers, live music, banner making, dancing, poi, face painting and took the banners down to the Media Camp at College Green and Downing Street. We were promoting peace and calling for the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan. "Democracy Village I May 2010 - a set on Flickr" http://www.flickr.com/photos/31291200@N08/sets/72157624088588406/?page=2
- "British politics: Election 2010" at http://www.flickr.com/photos/31291200@N08/sets/72157623928732239/
- The run up to and including the Queen's State Opening of Parliament (25.5.2010). Activists arrested after scaling the Houses of Parliament and unfurling a banner: "We respect the soldiers, we do not support the war" and other peaceful citizens also arrested after sitting down outside the gates of Parliament calling for Peace. "Democracy Village II May 2010" http://www.flickr.com/photos/31291200@N08/sets/72157624013554079/
- Pictures taken at the Democracy Village, "Democracy Village London May 2010" http://www.flickr.com/photos/wobblyturkey/sets/72157624007252916/
- "Who lives in Democracy Village?" An article by Homa Khaleeli at The Guardian on 19th May 2010 at 8.00pm at http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/19/democracy-village-parliament-square
- An article on Indymedia about peaceful protestors scaling the roof of Westminster Abbey by Verrall and a concerned citizen on 20th May 2010 at 9.33pm at http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/451748.html
- An article about the Democracy Village written by Teppo on May 24th, 2010 at 11.12pm at http://orgtheory.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/democracy-village/
- "Peace poncho" for Winston Churchill reading: "Bring Our Soldiers Home" (Mobile Phone Report) on 10th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taNMH77baPs&feature=related
- Evening meeting / People's Assembly at Democracy Village on 10th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BEylbNyoBM&NR=1
- Banner Drop on St Margaret's Church (Mobile Phone Report) on 11th May 2010: "Troops Out" and "Time for Peace, Bring Our Boys Home" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nq4k8E2k3g&feature=related
- Banner drop on the tree opposite Downing Street (Mobile Phone Report) on 12th May 2010: "Come on Dave, Time for Peace, Bring Our Boys Home" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5f-xV2MGk&feature=related
- "What is the Democracy Village?" on 14th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzAYAW-dO6s&feature=fvw
- Guerilla Gardening at Democracy Village, Parliament Square London on 15th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TQDjGq1rSo&feature=related
- Short spoken word poem about Democracy Village on 15th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgn6bdKfTdQ&feature=related
- "Soldiers Home, Please" banner drop from Westminster Abbey on 20th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/user/2012vd#p/a/u/1/yyJEKbXkzVM
- "Peaceful protestor scales the Treasury building in London" holding a sign: "Bring Our Troops Home" on 20th May 2010 at http://www.youtube.com/user/2012vd#p/a/u/2/DK1P9yse7Ls
- Protest camp in Parliament Square by Rachel Stevenson and Richard Rogers from The Guardian on 20th May 2010 at http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2010/may/20/ethical-living
- Tent search at Democracy Village, Parliament Square on 25th May 2010, the Queen's State Opening of Parliament at http://www.youtube.com/user/2012vd
Ok hope that helped.
Until next time..
Peace, Love and Light..You are Divine, let your light shine bright